It’s National Chili Day! If there’s a better day to make chili we don’t know what day it would be. Check out this great recipe.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 pound of Amana Farms Ground Beef
2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 can (15 oz) petite diced tomatoes
1 can (16 oz) red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1. Add the olive oil to a large soup pot and place it over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add the ground beef to the pot. Break it apart into small chunks. Cook for 6-7 minutes, until the beef is brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Add chili powder, cumin, sugar, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir until well combined.
4. Add broth, diced tomatoes (with juices), drained beans and tomato sauce. Stir well.
5. Bring the liquid to a low boil. Then, reduce the heat (low to medium-low) to gently simmer the chili, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Remove the pot from the heat. Let the chili rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Place your Amana Farms Beef order today!